cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websites don't load, emails don't send. Impossible to speak to humans on phone.

Dreamholder
On our wavelength

I've had intermittent issues for several years. Technician this year said it was my fault for turning the hub off regularly. He said he'd fixed it. I haven't turned it off since then except when it stopped connecting last Sunday. After 18 hours it reconnected. The last couple of days, the internet has been getting slower. Today almost nothing will load. BBC supposedly has an invalid certificate. Emails don't send. Connection says I have internet, but nothing loads. I tried restarting laptop several times. Nothing. Tried phoning - phone first says there's a 'complicated' issue that may take a while, gives an option to test the connection, and then either says it's fine or that it cannot test it. No way to talk to a human being. Twitter rep said to post here. I've been with VM for many years and the customer service has got worse and worse and is now apparently nonexistent. How do I get functioning equipment and actual customer support from this company?

47 REPLIES 47

Why am I not surprised? I have stopped expecting anything resembling efficiency from VM. Your tech earlier this year, told me that the issues here were my fault, y'know. My... fault...

Thanks to all this, I can't edit my book properly, and I can't watch much of the videos about the Queen. (and I need to research all the pageantry for my book.) This morning, I couldn't get online at all. And I do mean not at all.

Meanwhile VM is still extracting large amounts of money from me each month for very little. Is VM prepared to pay for me to buy BT online wifi for this week? Although I only get a one bar signal from BT open here, it's got to be better than nothing at all.

Of course, chances are that this current window of access to this webpage will close long before you actually reply.

PS, 'pop back here for updates'?????????

Which part of 'websites don't load' don't you understand, for crying out loud?
When the broadband slides off, I can't get on here. Getting on here requires broadband to work. It's working at this moment, but who knows how long for?

@Nathan,

I apologise for the last post. It's not your fault. It's the company's.
The forum won't let me delete it, however.

We do appreciate your frustration with this Dreamholder. I'm sure the team are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

^Martin

I swear, if Virgin Media were asked to fix a stuck bottle cap they would glue it on tighter.
I got an email telling me that the issue is fixed and I should restart my router and wait 30mins.
So, 30 mins later, the router has not managed to connect to anything at all and I am once again having to risk my job by using work equipment to post here. 
I’ve texted Help in reply to the text, and it sent me a link to go online, something I cannot do because I don’t have a connection. The phone signal on my phone is not strong enough to able to open websites here at home. I’m currently on a work iPad. And we are not supposed to use them for private things.

Virgin Media should start talking a refund right about now.
I have to turn this iPad off now. They monitor all use of them.

I will now try restarting the router again.

Third time lucky. Now online again.

Hi Dreamholder,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the prolonged issues due to the fix date changing, we do appreciate the frustration when this happens, all fix times are estimated and can change depending on the complexity of the issues, when such things happen you can register for Automatic updated Via your Online Account if the issues caused a total loss of service over 48 Hours then our Auto Compensation will kick in.

If you do need any further support please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.