cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak wifi

Btowns1000
Joining in

I have a hub 5 and my second virgin TV box is reporting a marginal WiFi signal. How do I get hold of a booster pod to support this room?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pods don't work yet with a Hub5 and wont for quite a while.

Why did you go for a Hub5? What package are you on and do you still have the old Hub (which model)?

TBH - best option is to put the Hub5 in modem mode yand get our own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, - get wifi6 for fastest speeds

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters (+/- inbuilt Wifi,) (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

The hub 5 does use WiFi 6 and does appear to have a better range than my old hub 3 (now posted back to virgin). It just appears to be marginal around some if my security cameras and the second v6 box hence the booster question.

I do have a net gear booster located in my garage which works well with hub 5,  it's just that virgin offer free pods as part of the O2volt package im on. Do these not work.with hub 5?

No not atm I have been told the pods dont work with the hub5, I have asked admin for an update on here earlier, so lets see what they say. They are being tested together is what i was told a few months ago.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Btowns1000 wrote:

Hi John,

The hub 5 does use WiFi 6 and does appear to have a better range than my old hub 3 (now posted back to virgin). It just appears to be marginal around some if my security cameras and the second v6 box hence the booster question.

I do have a net gear booster located in my garage which works well with hub 5,  it's just that virgin offer free pods as part of the O2volt package im on. Do these not work.with hub 5?

Yes I assumed you wanted wifi6 hence to get that if iou get a Hub3/4.  It will be a long wait for the Pods to work IMHO - the Connect App still hasnt been modified to work on the Hub4 - let alone the Hub5 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.