cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak signal with pods

Wasitn87
On our wavelength

Good evening,

could anyone help me please, I’ve got the Hub in one living room and the Printer in a different one, got a Pod connected in the room where printer is located, the printer can’t connect to the wifi network even though there’s a pod near that printer. When I bring the printer in nearer to the hub it connects through WPS. Please help me connect it through Pod. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What make/model number is the printer?

Some printers struggle to connect when the two wifi frequencies are combined onto a single SSID - which the pod has to use.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Its a limitation I suggest sending the pod back and get a better wifi router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Wasitn87
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply, so the pods are not fit for purpose?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What make/model number is the printer?

Some printers struggle to connect when the two wifi frequencies are combined onto a single SSID - which the pod has to use.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It’s a Samsung xpress M2070w. I’ve got split SSID 2.4g and 5g. When I bring in the same room where the hub is located it connects very quickly through WPS button. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Does that not suggest that there is something attenuating the wifi signal between the Hub location and the printer in its normal location ? A thick stone wall or a Victorian iron rich brick wall or a modern wall with metal foil coated insulation, etc., - is that the case?

What Hub model is it? Is "smart wifi" disabled?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I moved into this house a year and half ago, old house, I remember when there was no pod connected the printer used to connect from that room but kept loosing connection, after installing the pod, signal on mobile device improved but the printer stopped connecting. 
It’s a Hub 3 and smart wifi is enabled. 

Wasitn87
On our wavelength

A quick update, just disconnected the POD from that room, the printer connected to Wi-FI. It’s so weird 🤔