forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
ColinLedsom
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Weak signal on Hub 3

There must be a better Routeer to use? my Virgin HUB3 tells me to 'bring item closer' to the hub. Now I dont live in a mansion and bt default everyrthing is 'close'. What is the definition of close? Seems to me a very weak system? So, will I get the new '4' to help? Im constantly getting poor signal for Teams meetings and im am literally 3 meters away from the hub. DO people suggest a much better performing woreless router? Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
ColinLedsom
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Consistently poor service

must apologise for my spelling above . . . 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, given how close you are trying to work to the hub, is there any way you could do some tests using an ethernet cable, rather than wireless?  See if the issue exists when you're directly cabled into the hub..

Separately, it's worth setting up a BQM and sharing the "live link" back here

it's also worth posting the output from the upstream, downstream and network log tabs on your router.. to get these, browse to http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, instead click "router status" where you'll find all of that information - you will need to break this down over multiple posts as it's too much data for a single post..

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

IMHO the WIFI on any SH has been useless.

You could always put the SH in modem mode, and buy your own router. That what i did in 2011, never logged back.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos