cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak security on brand new Hub 3

cjp1
Up to speed

We had problems with our Hub 3 so VM sent us a replacement.

I installed the hub yesterday and today have noticed in settings on two iPads and an iPhone it says weak security under the Hub name.

is this normal for a brand new hub? I’d have expected it to be shipped fully configured for a secure connection. I haven’t changed any settings on the hub.

when I click on info it says:

WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered secure.

If this is your WiFi network, configure the router to use WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 security type.

obviously I can go ahead and change the settings but surprised it wasn’t shipped totally secure and which setting is better?

32 REPLIES 32

spgray
Problem sorter
what do you mean you still "see it as WPA/WPA2"?
where are you seeing this other than the apple prompt?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

when I tap on “i”, next to the WiFi name, when “weak security “ is shown. Also this is the reason why the WiFi keeps disconnecting. I tried everything with Apple too this morning. Also, if check the security of the network on my MacBook for instance, the security of the network it is shown wap/wap2 there as well.

spgray
Problem sorter

as i said, if you are seeing it being reported as "WPA/WPA2, then it's the two options already stated

the apple devices are faulty, or you haven't correctly changed the WIFI on the hub to WPA2 only, more likely the latter.

Anonymous
Not applicable
no such thing as wep2

@Anonymous wrote:
no such thing as wep2

who, other than you, has mentioned "wep2" ?

Am I the only one to have this issue after having upgraded the iPhone to iOS 14 and set the hub on wap2?

spgray
Problem sorter
post the screenshots of your WIFI settings on the hub so we can see how it's configured.

0D50D92F-F6C0-461F-B11A-6DFCB5736961.jpeg

On the hub I selected WAP2-PSK

Anonymous
Not applicable

@spgray wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
no such thing as wep2

who, other than you, has mentioned "wep2" ?

Clearly i'm losing my mind 🙂