Menu
Highlighted
Gh1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Weak Security/WEP/IPhone 6s

I am having issues with my Superhub 2 on my iPhone. 

My iPhone keeps saying my wifi has "Weak Security" and I keep having problems with drop-outs and poor connection. The message I am getting is that the router is using WEP but both the 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz connections are set to WPA2(AES). I have tried resetting the router but this makes no difference. 

Looking through other posts people have suggested that this issue would be resolved by the Superhub 3 but I’m not sure how to go about that. 

Can you advise how I can resolve this issue please as it is making the internet unusable at times ?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Weak Security/WEP/IPhone 6s

Phone customer services and explain the situation. They may just send you a Hub3 in the post. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As you say its a known problem with the SH2 and a new Hub3 will sort it.  You could also sort it by doing what I, and many others, do and put the SH2 into modem mode and connect your own (superior) wifi router.

If you have no joy with the offshore "helpers" a VM employee should get to this post in a week or so and sort a hub3 for you

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gh1979
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.

I spoke to the 'helpers' for 23 long minutes trying to explain the issue but eventually they agreed to send out a SH3

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Persistence does pay off. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos