cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wavlink AC1200 Dual Band connecting to HUB 3 - non starter

woza0365
Tuning in

I have tried to connect a Wavlink router to the hub this afternoon.  I have put the Hub in modem mode and the light changed to red (even though they advise its purple) I have used the wavlink wizard to set things up - it will not connect to the internet. Any suggestions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Put hub in modem mode power it off for 2mins turn on the router connect the WAN port to the hub bottom port with only that plugged then turn on the hub and wait 5mins.

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Put hub in modem mode power it off for 2mins turn on the router connect the WAN port to the hub bottom port with only that plugged then turn on the hub and wait 5mins.

---------------------------------------------------------------

will give that a go in the morning 🙂

It worked - however connection was very unstable! Hub 3.0 turned out to be better that the WAVLINK - which is on its way back to amazon

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And are you sure the instability is related to the router - i.e. is the Hub also "unstable" - in which case it may be a network connection issue - is the instability only on wifi or on wired connections too?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

KamB205
On our wavelength

Would you recommend the Asus Rt-57 for 350mbps?

@KamB205 wrote:

Would you recommend the Asus Rt-57 for 350mbps?

It’s not the best router out there 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Just got the same Wavlink  AC1200 router (the round one) and spent the whole afternoon ripping my hair out. Switched the hub 3.0 to modem mode, set up the router but for the life of me can't get it to connect to the internet. The UI shows the router connected to the modem (it shows disconnected if I unplug) but the internet disconnected and no WAN IP address (the router flashes red to show the lack of internet). The port 1 light on the Hub is on and green. I can't access the Hub using 192.168.100.1 - it just times out (plugging my laptop directly into port one and using the modem IP doesn't do anything either but not sure if it should). Tried your solution using port 4 after finding this thread (thought it was necessary to use Port 1) but still no go - lights up green though so it's active. Rebooted in various orders, tried all the ports and still can't get a connection.

Any ideas before I burn it? (or more likely just return it to Amazon).

I'll also add the reason for switching is because I kept getting the internet dropping and then losing the wireless connection and witing while the hub resets which I hoped this may help. Ironically a few minutes after posting it happened again and this is the corresponding entry from my network log -

22/07/2021 17:07:54 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:07:4 Warning! Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:07:0 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:07:0 critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:07:0 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:07:0 critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:06:59 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:06:29 Warning! Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:06:24 critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:06:24 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:06:24 critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/07/2021 17:06:23 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Whats my best way forward to stop this issue? It's been doing it several times a day recently.