cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasting time with VM support

seunje
Dialled in

So I have been having internet dropouts for two months now.

The fix date was pushed forward 9 times.

Its an SNR issue in my area and VM is well aware.

Two days ago, Wednesday 21st of September was the previous day they promised to fix it.

Since I just use tethering from my phone (much more reliable) I didn't know if they fixed it, so contacted support to ask.

What support has done, they configured my router to provide two access points, one 2.4Ghz another 5Ghz and advised me to connect to 2.4Ghz one when I am further away and 5Ghz when I am close (to the router)..

That's just crazy!! Why in the world do this? They just assumed I have a problem with WiFi signal at my home? 

Quoting one of the last things the support said:

"I request you to monitor the connection by connecting to the networks accordingly as suggested above and I am sure you will never face a speed Or connection issue again."

liars

vm-23-09-2022.png

5 REPLIES 5

Boosh
On our wavelength

I remember when you could call VM support and they would throughly go through the issues as much as possible. 

Now it seems you get thrown into a call centre with a poor reception, and the person on the other end can't understand you and you can't understand them, and their overall knowledge of how to properly address a situation ends at the end of a script they're given. 

The level of service and the quality have diminished really poorly.

I'm on M350 and talk more anytime and currently paying £56 but it's going up to £70 in February, it's an absolute farce.... I can get 500Mb fibre with BT for £30 a month for 24 months then £40 a month thereafter.

Virgin have taken absolute liberties over the years, and it seems being a loyal customer isn't worth spit these days, to the point where we have to ring up and beg for a loyalty discount, it's embarrassing.

@Boosh wrote:

Virgin have taken absolute liberties over the years, and it seems being a loyal customer isn't worth spit these days, to the point where we have to ring up and beg for a loyalty discount, it's embarrassing.

Very politely said "taken liberites". Virgin Media are scammers 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Seunje, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are affected by an SNR outage.

I can see the date has been updated to the 2nd of October.

These outages are complex and can take a while to fix.

Zoie

@Zoie_P wrote:

Hi Seunje, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are affected by an SNR outage.

I can see the date has been updated to the 2nd of October.

These outages are complex and can take a while to fix.

Zoie

What does that mean "2nd of October"? What can I do with this information?

When someone gives you a date they will do something by, you expect it to happen with some chance that it won't.

When someone gives you 10 dates they will do something by, and they don't do anything and don't even tell you they didn't, what do you expect then? 

Hi @seunje

I am so sorry that you have had this experience with this outage and I fully understand how frustrating this must be. 

We always try to have work completed by the estimated fix time but sometimes things that we cannot predict do extend the fix. 

I understand that this isn't helpful for you and this situation is frustrating for you. I would be happy to raise a complaint for you in regards to this experience for you if you would like?

Let me know if you would like this and I will pop you a PM. 

Thank you.