Menu
Lindsay1627
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Want to leave

I joined virgin on 9th Nov 2018 but I want to leave. How much notice to I have to provide and how do I let Virgin know as I’ve been on hold for 40 minutes so don’t want to try calling again. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want to leave

if you are outside your contract you need to give 30 days notice.

If you are still in contract EDF will apply.

0 Kudos
Lindsay1627
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. How do I notify them? I’m having no luck contacting virgin by phone and I’m conscious I’m racking up a huge bill continually being on hold (I do not have a landline phone) 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the 0300 number is included in any allowable you have on mobiles.

0 Kudos
Lindsay1627
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great. What’s the full 0300 number? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry not 0300 its 0345 but its till classed as a landline and included in mobile minutes.

0345 454 1111

0 Kudos
Lindsay1627
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant thank you so much for all of your help, much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A bit poor that VM can't be bothered to staff-up its customer service, and would rather let customers endure long delays.  Rather than waiting on the phone, you could alternatively write to cancel, using VM's correspondence address

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Include all relevant account and ID details, send it recorded delivery (so you know and can prove when they received it), leave your direct debit in place for a couple of months.  You may also want to include a telephone contact number for queries, but specify that you do not wish to be contacted with customer retention or marketing offers, otherwise they'll keep ringing you.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

A bit poor that VM can't be bothered to staff-up its customer service, and would rather let customers endure long delays.  Rather than waiting on the phone, you could alternatively write to cancel, using VM's correspondence address

Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

For future reference.

According to the Virgin Media Terms and Conditions https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end Section N: 1 the address to cancel in writing is

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,
Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire,
NG2 3GG

Include all relevant account and ID details, send it recorded delivery (so you know and can prove when they received it), leave your direct debit in place for a couple of months.  You may also want to include a telephone contact number for queries, but specify that you do not wish to be contacted with customer retention or marketing offers, otherwise they'll keep ringing you.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.