cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to get Gig1, but FTTP isnt installed, Does virginmedia install it?

androzz
Joining in

What the title says.

Been following openreach plans on FTTP in my area for about 2 years but it doesnt seem like im getting it any time soon. However, when i look on VirginMedia's website, it says my address is suitable for Gig1 (Gigabit Fiber). Wondering if they will install FTTP to my house or if they will turn around and tell me that i dont have FTTP and therefore cant offer me their Gig1 Package.

Does anyone have any experience on this? Will they install FTTP for me or will i have to wait until ts done in my area? Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @androzz 

thank you for considering joining us, and welcome to the community.

We offer 1Gb services across our entire network now, so if this is of interest to you, we can definitely supply it to you.

depending on your region, this may be provided via our HFC network or our FTTP network. Either way you will still get the same speed.

If you would like me to take a look at which network is in your area and I can do this for you. I will send you a private message so you can provide me with your address.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can get a 1GB connection without a new FTTP connection. It would probably be FTTC and then copper cable to the Hub. The majority of 1GB customers are still connected on that old system.

FTTP is better for reducing latency - but that may not be any real practical importance to you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.