cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wake on Lan (WOL) on HUB 5

daddyyankee84
Tuning in

Hi all recently got upgraded to HUB 5. I can see that my devices which worked find on WOL. I could use my mobile to wake up my PC's

Since upgrading I cant do that. I tried switching back to one of my old routers and seems like both of them worked fine. 

Is there a fix to make WOL work on HUB 5?

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I'm sure tech support will say what the hell is WOL.

Your option is to use your own router it is unlikely VM will add this support and saying it worked an older hub will not help.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the question is if anyone else has tried if Wake on Lan function works on HUB 5. And if Virgin Media is even aware of the issue. 

Buying a new router is an alternative but we are paying a service and it's a very basic feature, so just curious if it's in the works.

Good Afternoon @daddyyankee84, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with WOL (Yes @legacy1, I did have to give it a quick Google...) on our Hub 5.

I understand that the WOL can possibly be effected by firewall settings on the PC and it may require you to look into the firewall settings further.

Kindest regards,

David

Hi @david_bn I have already checked that plus if the pc is off the firewall won't be used at all. 

I have now used two different router Wake on Lan comes straigh away, but something Hub 5 stops it from sending the packet. I have already added my Mac and IP to static IP list as well.

Definitely not a firewall issue. Because I have two laptops and they both seems to work with other routers it's just Hub 5 that completely forgets the device once it's off

Hi daddyyankee84

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am sorry checking that has not fixed this. It's not something we actively support but hopefully the community can help with this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill