cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for wifi pod AGAIN

Velouria
Joining in

Ridiculous that Even though virgin know their Q boxes are no longer fit for purpose that we could only order one Mesh at a time and had to keep calling back to check they are in! I then find out that due to supply (!) They’ve then changed to pods which are surprise surprise also out of stock, I can only order one at once anyway and have to keep calling back to check rather than just being sent it when it’s in stock!!! Just shocking service. They are a joke at my work. So I am still waiting for a decent service and these mythical pods!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All ISP's provide an ethernt broadband connection not a guaranteed wifi one - its easy to see why if you think about it.  A 14 bedroom stone built mansion with a Hub out in the west wing is not the same as a modern build,  bedsit flat

BT charge an extra £10/month for their "whole home" wifi package.   For that you get a set of 3 discs that can be bought online for ~£100 !

You can see the maths dont add up.

For less than £100 you can buy your own wifi solution that you then own and is yours to keep forever with any ISP you join in the future

Get either a…
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
I'd forget about the pods - you'll have fewer headaches getting your own wireless solution!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you qualify for free pods - or will you be paying the £5/month charge ?

They are only free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

May have to pay although think that’s a joke if I pay for fibre optic and it’s their substandard equipment that means I need it! Xx

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All ISP's provide an ethernt broadband connection not a guaranteed wifi one - its easy to see why if you think about it.  A 14 bedroom stone built mansion with a Hub out in the west wing is not the same as a modern build,  bedsit flat

BT charge an extra £10/month for their "whole home" wifi package.   For that you get a set of 3 discs that can be bought online for ~£100 !

You can see the maths dont add up.

For less than £100 you can buy your own wifi solution that you then own and is yours to keep forever with any ISP you join in the future

Get either a…
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------