cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPA / WPA2 / WPA3

Spoonersofbrean
Tuning in

My iphone tells me that my hub 3 has "weak Security" and WPA2 is not considered secure. It suggests configuring it to WPA3 security. 

How do I do this?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Aaron2
Well-informed

iOS 14 displays a Weak Security message when the Hub is set to its default security setting. By default, Virginmedia Hubs use WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK security so that older devices can still connect. It displays this just because WPA-PSK is an older Wi-Fi security standard.

Navigate to 192.168.0.1 then sign in and go to Advanced settings > Wireless > Security, next click the dropdown next to Security, and change it from WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK to WPA2-PSK. If you separated your WiFi networks you'll need to perform these steps for both 2.4 and 5GHz.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

@Spoonersofbrean wrote:

what does that mean? what is a sticky post?

A 'sticky post' is a post essentially glued to the top /start of the forum and stays there until the originator decides it is no longer needed.

The idea behind it is to bring important / latest information to the attention of forum users.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

spgray
Problem sorter
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Have a look at the 'sticky post' at the top of the forum.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See the pink sticky thread above the posts with "iOS14" in the title.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Aaron2
Well-informed

iOS 14 displays a Weak Security message when the Hub is set to its default security setting. By default, Virginmedia Hubs use WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK security so that older devices can still connect. It displays this just because WPA-PSK is an older Wi-Fi security standard.

Navigate to 192.168.0.1 then sign in and go to Advanced settings > Wireless > Security, next click the dropdown next to Security, and change it from WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK to WPA2-PSK. If you separated your WiFi networks you'll need to perform these steps for both 2.4 and 5GHz.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

I'm sorry I have no idea what you mean - what pink thread?

thank you. I have followed your steps and I am now sorted. 

@Spoonersofbrean wrote:

A 'sticky post' is a post essentially glued to the top /start of the forum and stays there until the originator decides it is no longer needed.

The idea behind it is to bring important / latest information to the attention of forum users.

I have seen it now - I didn't come via the forum page so didn't see it. Thanks I will remember to check there before asking a question.