cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIfI Pod Install

MathewM
Joining in

Hello. I have just installed a new wifi pod to impove coverage in the upstairs rooms of my house. I have plugged it in waited 10 minutes for the lights to stop flashing. When i got in to the Virgin connect app both my hub and wifi pod are showing "!"  With an error message saying i have conflicting settings. When i try click in to anything it just says "oops something went wrong"  

When i run a speed test 2 of the 3 rooms with poor coverage has improved so i am confused.  Is this working or not?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MathewM 

It may take up to 24 hours tos ettle down and be recognised as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods 

How long will it take for the WiFi Pod to work?

The mesh WiFi Pod will need up to 24 hours to get settled into its new home, so try not to move it before then.

In the Virgin Media Connect app, you’ll be able to see your mesh WiFi Pod’s health, signal strength, and speeds. If something doesn’t look right, try plugging the mesh WiFi Pod into a few different places around your home to find the best coverage. Just make sure you give it up to 24 hours to settle in before testing it and moving it if you need to.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you i will wait 24 hours and see if it updates 

Hi MatthewM, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear the WiFi wasn't working so great which resulted in you needing a WiFi Pod. As mentioned by newapollo, it can take up to 24 hours for the WiFi Pod to start working as it should. 

With the Connect App, it may take a little longer to update the status too. 

As long as the signal has improved and things are working as they should be, there is nothing to worry about. 

Keep us posted on if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs