cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI pods and Hub 5

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

Any news on if these are working ok together and when the non trial customers will be able to use them together or if VM are going to release different pods / wifi extenders?

75 REPLIES 75

That’s what I thought. In any case why would it not work if I’m connecting the pod to router via Ethernet? A 3rd party tp link would work with Ethernet to hub so pod should work too? 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're not getting the Hub 5 till Monday, then as far as I know the Pods that work with your Hub 3 should still work with the Hub 5 once you've installed it.

You shouldn't need to send Pods back as it was firmware updates that were required to get the existing Pod hardware working with the Hub 5, not any physical changes.

I'm not aware that Virgin Media have yet introduced WiFi 6 Pods.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated 

I’ve just tried connecting my wifi pod to my hub 5 and it still isn’t working. The light is still flashing on the pod after being plugged in for more than 10 mins. Do you have any advice? Does this mean the firmware update has not been pushed to my hub 5?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry - my mistake on this and have clarified a few things.

If you take out Pods now then you go on WiFi Max which allows the Pods to work with the Hub 5.

If you've already got Pods with an older Hub as part of the Intelligent WiFi Plus option, then the update to WiFi Max which gets them working with the Hub 5 hasn't yet been done, but is due over the next month.

And if you already had a Hub 5, then as Pods wouldn't work with that up till recently, then you'd have powerline-based Boosters not Pods, so would need a hardware swap to go to the WiFi Max option with Pods.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks Ben, that’s helpful and supports what I was told today by VM technical support. I’ll make a not to test compatibly at the end of October and see if I can get my existing pod to work with my hub 5

I have a compatible new pod on order if it turns up!! I ordered it at the weekend, the op cocked up and have now re ordered yesterday.

Please let me know how you get on @bitsandpcs.

I had to call back to follow up on mine on Tuesday. Sounds like there is a problem in the system in regards to the account and being able to switch to the new wifi max. They had to log an IT ticket in order to try and override the change to the account. I am waiting on an update.

Hi @bitsandpcs

Have you received your new wifi pod yet, or had any update on it?

I have a call scheduled today to give me an update on my IT ticket and to see when it might arrive.

I’ve been using 2 pods with hub 3 but both pods were connected to the hub 3 via Ethernet. 
hub sits in the living room Ethernet cable to kitchen and Ethernet cable to garage where the pods are. Pods provide good wireless access to bedroom above garage and also from kitchen to Garden. 
Hub 5 arrived yesterday. Pods still work. Although if they were connected via WiFi to to hub, I don’t think it would work. Virgin media connect app still shows the hub5 and the pods but it shows all devices connected via my old hub3 setting even though it’s a different network name and password.