cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI pod not connecting

brief
Joining in

I've got a new wifi pod - we've tried to plug it in at a couple of points in the house that are relatively near the Hub 3. It just keeps trying to connect (it flashes), but doesn't actually connect.

Have I missed a step?

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you confirmed that your Hub is correctly configured?

Hub in Router Mode

Single SSID, covering both 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi bands

Channel Optimisation enabled

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks - I'll have a look how to do that!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can find how to check these WiFi settings here (bottom entry):

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-intelligent-wifi-pods-faqs#Troubleshooting

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. My pod has worked fine for months but is suddenly not connecting anymore. I checked my wifi settings and everything seems to be in order. The only mismatch between my 2.4GHz and 5GHz settings is the wireless mode - for 2.4GHz it's currently 802.11b/g/n mixed while for 5GHz it's 802.11/a/n/ac mixed - should they be the same? 

Hi @lauraserra,

Sorry to hear you are having similar issues with your wifi pods. I can understand this is not ideal and I want to best help.

What happens when trying to connect the Wifi pod? Are you able to see the wifi pod connected to your network? If not have you tried the following link? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-intelligent-wifi-pods-faqs

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Also, it is best advised not to split the wifi bands as the wifi pods may not work well. In this case, also try combining the wifi bands again and let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs