cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI not connecting to internet for weeks!!!

mib137
Joining in

Hi all,

I have a broadband subscription and use a Hub 3. My wifi was working fine for a few weeks but suddenly stopped working. I can connect to the router via wifi (on all my devices), but it doesn't connect me to the internet. Few key points:

* The LAN port works when connecting to my Linux desktop

* My router was replaced and the issue persisted

* During a second engineering visit by Virgin Media I was told that nothing was wrong in the area and, quoting the engineer, "there's an issue with occurrence". He said there's nothing the engineers can do and it's an issue with the account. I should call Virgin Media L1 support and "recreate" my account. I tried doing that but nobody I spoke to knew what this meant; one person suggested cancelling the account and signing up again (which would incur a cancellation fee!!).

One semi-useful person on support suggested I go to the router stats on 192.168.0.1. Here's the output (unfortunately only have pictures, didn't save as text files).

IMG-9912.jpg

IMG-9913.jpg

IMG-9914.jpg

IMG-9915.jpg

IMG-9916.jpg

IMG-9917.jpg

IMG-9918.jpg

IMG-9919.jpg

IMG-9920.jpg

IMG-9921.jpg

IMG-9923.jpg

IMG-9924.jpg

IMG-9925.jpg

             

On top of all this ridiculousness, I just went to 192.168.0.1 for my new router, reset my settings password and now Chrome and Firefox show "Connection refused" when I try to load 192.168.0.1. So I can't even troubleshoot the new router!!! :(((((

I'm very close to just accepting the cancellation fee and going for Vodafone/Sky.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Firstly your screenshots are unreadable - can you post the data as below.

Do you have any issues if you connect a computer/laptop to the Hub on an ethernet cable?

First thing to try is a pinhole reset and see if that kicks it back into life do this....

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time.

Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it first

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle or top/right of the Login page and then just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mib137,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting.

I am sorry for any issues with your Wi-Fi connection.

I located your account and can not see any known issues detected on your equipment, can you please tell me if the pinhole reset that @jbrennand mentioned helped?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Hayley_S,

Thanks for reaching out. No the pinhole reset hasn't helped. Also I went through the factory reset procedure numerous times (and got the router replaced by a Virgin Media engineer). Could you check if there's some sort of oversubscription in my area or something?

How this keeps happening after 2 engineering visits and 6+ hours of phone calls with support is beyond me. Any assistance appreciated

Thanks

Michael

Hi @mib137,

Thank you for giving that a try and apologies for the delayed response here.

Using the details that you provided when signing up to the forums, I've checked the line for the account and no faults are coming up here with our tests.

Is the issue ongoing today? If so, is your wired connection also impacted? Can you also set up and share with us a live BQM so that we can take a closer look at your connection for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!