cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI lock?

RyanD27
Tuning in

Hi all

I just got my virgin broadband installed yesterday, i have managed to connect 5 devices to it via wifi but it now doesnt seem to let me add any other devices.

We have had virgin in the past at our last address and never had this issue, anyone got any ideas? 

Many thanks

Ryan

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What do you mean by "add devices". Dont you just highlight the SSID in the devices wifi Settings, then input the password and connect

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

So i put the password in and the device (tried Nintendo Switch, Laptop & Alexa) will just say failed to connect every time.

Hey RyanD27, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see you are having some connection issues.

However I have taken a look from our side and I can you have been speaking to the team about this, have they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Mathew

They have not fixed it yet but got an engineer coming out tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Hey RyanD27, thank you for confirming this.

How did the visit go, did they mange to resolve this for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

HI

Yes all resolved now, turns out the Hub4 was the issue and replacing it with a Hub5 not only fixed my issue but gave me faster speeds as well!

Thanks to anyone that tried to help.

Ryan

That's so great to hear and thank you @RyanD27 for letting us know. 

If you need any help in the future please do pop back to the community forums and we will do all we can to assist. 

Thanks again.