Menu
caprizzosa
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WIFI connection

Hello,

I am having problems connceting my pc and printer to wifi on hub3. phones and gameing consoles work ok but these dont seem to be able to connect. SPoken to virgin media tech and all they said was to reset the hub or call the gadget team and pay for them to sort it out. NEver had a problem with bt or sky. The printer says something about mac filtering and have tried to folloe instrauctions but still nothing. PC and windows laptos (these are old but fully working) say unable to connect to this network. Can someone sort me out?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI connection

since the hub combines the 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi into same name and sometimes need to split this up, to do this if can log into hub via http://192.168.0.1 password printed on stick on hub.. and if go into security wireless e.g. 

SSIDCHANGe.png

and where it has the 2.4ghz and 5ghz SSID if you give them different names apply/save and see if this works.

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
caprizzosa
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI,

Thank you for yuor reply. 

Sorry but dons understand much....what do you mean by giving them different names?

0 Kudos
caprizzosa
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have tried that and I still get the same error "unable to connect to this network" 😞

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to make sure when you go to the hub settings the 2.4ghz and 5ghz have different names? Also what make/model of device you trying to connect with?

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
caprizzosa
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

YEs I did sort out the names but it did not work.

It is a HP Officejet all in one 7510 printer. Was connected to sky OK a couple of weeks ago. The laptops are a dell and a samsung.

Do not know what to try. The printer tells me about addinf the address to the Mac filtering but not sure if I have done it correct as it is not appearing on the list of connected devices?

0 Kudos
caprizzosa
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK so in the end I did another reset,change my password for router and it all worked. Fingers crossed as I am not really sure what made the difference this time.

0 Kudos