cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Password not recognised

barrylandy
On our wavelength

For the second time in six weeks I need to do a factory reset on my Hub3 VM modem.

At present two andriod phones and a windows laptop are working fine, but 2 iOS Ipads and an Android tablet both tell me that the (correct) password is incorrect.  When I find a suitable time I willdo a factory reset, but twice in a short time is too much,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Factory reset solved the problem, but this should not happen twice in 4 weeks.

VIRGIN MEDIA WHERE ARE YOU?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Might be worth restarting the tables that don't connect, they appear to the devices having a problem, especially when other WiFi kit connects to the Hub3

All the failing devices have been restarted (several times in some cases). Will do a factory reset later today. Since I had the same problem 4 weeks ago I would appreciate an offical answer from VM.

Factory reset solved the problem, but this should not happen twice in 4 weeks.

VIRGIN MEDIA WHERE ARE YOU?

Hello barrylandy,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry for the delay, Our Community is not an instant messaging service, and we do aim to reply as soon as we can.

Sorry to hear about your 2 tablets not recognising the hubs password.

I can look at the possibility of getting the hub replaced if you did wish to try that.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

of my devices, the 2 android phones remained connected but 2 Ipads, one Android Tablet and 2 laptops coould not connect to wifi.

My old hub 3 was replaced today by a new Hub 5. Let's hope for plain sailing

Qucik query: the hub 5 is taller than the hub 3 and is stressing my cable lengths. Seeing how much slack I had, I accidentally pulled the hub onto its side and realised that solved my problem. Is there any problem opearing a hub on its side?

Well, with the newly installed hub5 the Ipad gets sporadic spontaneous disconnects from the Wifi. Are there any settings (Ipad OR hub) that can affect that (or may it be a problem in the hub?)