cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI PROBLEMS!!

tomfom
Joining in

So, For as long as I can remember my WIFI has not been working on any of my wireless devices BUT my wired devices work just fine. I think its been ever since the last major works in my area that the WIFI has had problems. I've done numerous resets from leaving it off for 5 - 30 minutes, holding the reset button on the back for 60 seconds, then turning it off, leaving it 5 mins and turning it back on and I have also tried resetting from the hub address 192.168 etc. Nothing seems to work.

I've reset network seetings on phones and other devices - nothing.

It's becoming increasingly annoying now especially when my son relies on his data for school to be able to contact me and now he's is having to use his data even inside the house.

Can anyone help, It's really ****ing me off 😆

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@tomfom wrote:

I don't see how that is my problem to solve by spending money when I'm paying for a service where the WIFI should work as standard so yeah, Thanks for your un-informative response, but no thanks 👍

If the service work by wire then don't use wifi If VM could have the hub in your home without a wire don't you think they would of done that? your problem will go on for weeks keep that in mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Go get a better WiFi router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

I don't see how that is my problem to solve by spending money when I'm paying for a service where the WIFI should work as standard so yeah, Thanks for your un-informative response, but no thanks 👍

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'm not clear whether the wifi is poor, or there's no wifi at all?

Download a wifi scanner (I use Wifi Analyzer by VREM Software, free from Google Play) and see if there's any sign of the wifi signal from your hub - when you're a metre or two from the hub, if it broadcasting anything that should be the strongest signal of the multiple networks that'll show up.

Thanks mate, will look for a similar app on IOS. I have since checked network status and rang the tech support people and apparently there is an ongoing issue in my area so that would expalin a lot (should have done that before posting 😆)

But yeah, there seems to be no WIFI at all and now my wired connections are having issues so I'm hoping that come tomorrow it's sorted.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@tomfom wrote:

If the service work by wire then don't use wifi If VM could have the hub in your home without a wire don't you think they would of done that? your problem will go on for weeks keep that in mind.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The app to use for iOS is AirPort utility, you do not need any AirPort equipment. Go to <Setting> for the AirPort Utility and turn on <Wi-Fi Scanner>. Then you can run the AirPort utility to find all SSIDs in your area and Their signal strength and channel.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Do you live in 1990? I don’t sit at a computer all day to use a wired connection to access things I want/need the internet for. 

The every day devices we use for OUTSIDE of home are the reason we need Wi-Fi. I don’t intend to pay for addons to my phone network for extra data to be able to do the everyday stuff I should be able to do in my own home when I’m not at a desk when I have an internet provider that provides Wi-Fi.

I came on here asking for a solution and you comment with your negative, nonsensical and Karen-esk responses like ‘get a better router’… 🤨🤣 

When you pay for a service you shouldn’t expect anything less, and I don’t 😉

Do you live in 1990? I don’t sit at a computer all day to use a wired connection to access things I want/need the internet for. 

The every day devices we use for OUTSIDE of home are the reason we need Wi-Fi. I don’t intend to pay for addons to my phone network for extra data to be able to do the everyday stuff I should be able to do in my own home when I’m not at a desk when I have an internet provider that provides Wi-Fi.

I came on here asking for a solution and you comment with your negative, nonsensical and Karen-esk responses like ‘get a better router’… 🤨🤣 

When you pay for a service you shouldn’t expect anything less, and I don’t 😉

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Well you can blame VM for a bad wifi yet in 2022 these are 3rd party routers still why would there need to be if ISP are that good...hint they are not.