cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Keeps Dropping for 20 secs, sometimes as frequent as every 5 mins (area 21)

DaveyDangerous
Tuning in

Hi,

In the last 2 days, I've been experiencing frustrating wifi problems. I'm a designer so presenting work from home am on Video calls half the day ( like many of us! ) and I keep getting my connection dropping for 20 seconds, then reconnecting for 15 then have to share my screen again and its super disruptive to meetings. I have a 500MB package with virgin, but I'm having to revert to 4G on my phone to get a stable connection.

I just downloaded an app that tracks my connection log over time so you can see what happens. I did call virgin last night who sent 'hits' to my router and obviously found nothing as they hit it when it's up, not when it drops and as the drops are intermittent. These are the results I'm getting, I just logged onto work and within 3 minutes it started playing up again. Since then I've just been on 4G as in full day workshop (that I should be paying full attention to!)

As I've said this has only happened in the last 2 days, virgin said that there were no outages, so not sure what has changed (we've not changed anything in the house).

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 10.07.59.pngScreenshot 2022-01-12 at 10.08.14.png

12 REPLIES 12

Hi DaveyDangerous, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Here is my live graph with the correct link, I've been having problems today again, the internet is just constantly dropping out and I cannot work from it :(.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/96474181d037cbed905074f470156d1e7b1ad05c

Best Regards,

David

Hi DaveyDangerous, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via private message. 

I have taken a look at your account now and can confirm there is no area fault affecting you. I can see however than many of your downstream power levels are outside of the optimal range. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I have arranged for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs