cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt pods

Rob111
Joining in

Just upgraded to Volt500 broadband and was wondering can I get the booster pods for free or do I have to pay monthly for them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

They're free to Volt customers, but availability has been very patchy due to the global supply chain issues, and you may need to jump through some hoops and/or wait to get hold of them.  If you've got a Hub 3 then VM may demand you use the Connect app to identify wifi blackspots before providing pods.  With the Hub 4 the Connect app doesn't work so it's more "on request", and if you've got a Hub 5 then neither the Connect app, nor the pods work with it anyway.    

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

They're free to Volt customers, but availability has been very patchy due to the global supply chain issues, and you may need to jump through some hoops and/or wait to get hold of them.  If you've got a Hub 3 then VM may demand you use the Connect app to identify wifi blackspots before providing pods.  With the Hub 4 the Connect app doesn't work so it's more "on request", and if you've got a Hub 5 then neither the Connect app, nor the pods work with it anyway.    

But you cannot use the connect app when swapped to an O2 sim

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Correct - you can't authenticate for the Virgin Media hotspots via the O2 SIM and the Connect app.

But with Volt you also have Virgin Fibre broadband which still qualifies you for hotspots and the Connect app will work with that part via your My Virgin Media details, even if you can't then manage a Hub 4 or 5 with it at the moment.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own