Menu
Stewwy1019
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vodafone Sure Signal stopped working since Intellingent Wifi update on my VM Super Hub 3.0

Since the Virgin Media Intellingent Wifi Update that happened a couple of months ago, my Vodafone Sure Signal (VSS) has stopped working. The VSS powers up OK, and doesn't show any error lights and appears to be OK. My mobile phone is set to 3G as it is meant to be. I have reset my VM Super Hub and the VSS numerous times and they don't want to play.

I have also had my work send me out a new VSS, and this is just the same. The new VSS has been registered with Vodafone against my mobile number.

This all comes down to me having a poor mobile signal in my house with Vodafone, and as it is a work phone I can't change this. I got the VSS to resolve the problem, which it did for many months before this Intelligent wifi update.

I have seen many other articles about opening up ports, but this doesn't match up to the GUI in the new portal.

Can someone advise how to resolve this, and if it has been reported by anyone else since the intelligent wifi update.

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal stopped working since Intellingent Wifi update on my VM Super Hub 3.0

From what I can tell the VSS doesn't even use wifi, it should be connected via ethernet to the Hub, have you ensured the cables are securely connected?

There is a reset switch on the VSS too, you could try resetting it and running through setup again.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal stopped working since Intellingent Wifi update on my VM Super Hub 3.0

VSS has nothing to do with wifi, it cannot be related

Stewwy1019
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I have used the reset switch many times, and it resolve nothing. The firmware was clearly changed on the super hub and has changed something. I am keen to understand how to put in reservations on the new hub gui to open the relevant ports from the VSS.

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In your first message you've set the device included at the bottom to Super Hub 2 and refer to it in your post as Super Hub, do you actually have the Super Hub 2 or is it a Hub 3?
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just in case you mislaid it:

http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/filestore/devices/Vodafone/Sure%20Signal/Sure%20Signal%20User%20Gui...

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Stewwy1019
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. It is a super hub 3.0.

0 Kudos