Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Vodafone Sure Signal not working with Virgin Hub 3

Hi. I have non-existent vodafone mobile coverage at home for my work phone (so no option to change to a different network). For years I used a Sure Signal v3 without any issues with a previous virgin hub. Recently I got a new Hub 3 and now I can't get the Sure Signal to work any more. I've seen help pages for the Hub 2 to change settings but nothing for the Hub 3. What do I need to change on the Hub 3 to allow it and the Sure Signal to work?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal not working with Virgin Hub 3

There is no setting in the Hub 3 to enable 'Wi-Fi Calling'.

In my Samsung Z Flip phone it is a setting that must be enabled.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Mike is correct - it needs to be enabled on my iPhone too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike but not sure what you mean. I'm not trying to do Wifi calling (which is something that vodafone would need to enable), I'm trying to get the existing vodafone signal boosted, which is what the Sure Signal does.

I read there was a change which needed to be made in the Virgin advanced firewall settings on the Hub 2 which enabled the two devices to talk to each other and just wonder if there is something similar I need to do for the Hub 3.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is the 'Sure Signal' a small plug into the mains device that piggy backs the VM Wi-Fi ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There were some threads on here earlier this year - do a search and see if any help.. Starter for 10...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Vodafone-Suresignal/td-p/4159070/page/9

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it plugs into the mains and then connects to the Hub with an ethernet cable. It boosts the 3G signal. My work sends security codes by text which I can't get without walking down the road to search for a vodafone 3G signal!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
There were some threads on here earlier this year - do a search and see if any help.. Starter for 10...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Vodafone-Suresignal/td-p/4159070/page/9

Exactly what I was thinking.

IIRC everything got blamed on VM until Vodafone decided to resend the new driver  files to their plug in devices and that then cleared the problems.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@sophster wrote:
Yes, it plugs into the mains and then connects to the Hub with an ethernet cable. It boosts the 3G signal. My work sends security codes by text which I can't get without walking down the road to search for a vodafone 3G signal!

Do as John suggests, this problem was sorted some months back.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I started off by doing a search and couldn't find anything helpful. I'm trying to follow the link John sent out but am struggling a bit to understand what I need to do.
0 Kudos