cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia connect app can’t find hub 4

S444may
Dialled in

After upgrading to Hub 4 from Hub 3, the Connect App says it can’t find my hub.

I’ve tried factory reset on the hub, deleting reinstalling the app on my iPhone. I’ve restarted my iPhone, I’ve logged out and in, still no different. 
it says “fault is at our end “ contact support 

Anybody got any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18

Hi S444may, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this via private message. 

Have you renamed your SSID's? If so, when doing the reset, this should take everything back to default. If this hasn't happened then you've not held the PIN reset button in long enough. 

Please try holding it for longer so things reset and then leave everything as default. Connect back to the WiFi network and see the it finds the hub then. 

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No,

I renamed the SSID from the default after it has reverted to default settings after reset.

Hi @S444may

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team.

They have advised that a small fix was put in place for some users overnight last night. Can you please delete the app from your device, reinstall it and make sure you are opening it whilst connected to the Home WiFi Hub. Try connecting to the Hub and let me know how you get on.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath, I’ve done all that you asked, and then I scanned the hub - great, no problems 

then I scanned the front room - great, no problems 

but then I scanned the kitchen and this happed;

484C1DD7-03E3-4EF5-93BF-6F29BBE9401C.png

 the kitchen is next to the front room, and I’ve got two pods set up and working as far as I know?

This is the front room now 

9D2D90AA-6C6D-477D-8BB2-F0920089D49A.png

And this is the kitchen, now 

896F957D-05EB-45A8-AEA0-A99E6BCB8BDA.png

Hi S444may,

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I am due to catch up with the project team tomorrow on this. As it stands, it looks as though the fix has been working and it is slowly being rolled out. 

I will let them know you are still having the issues and will come back to you once I have any updates. 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Hey @Thomasg26, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the connect app and the Virgin Media Hub 4.
Please can you ensure that your device is up to date with it's operating software and also ensure that the app you have is on the latest firmware from the app store / play store.
You may need to uninstall then re-install the app.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team