cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia connect app can’t find hub 4

S444may
Dialled in

After upgrading to Hub 4 from Hub 3, the Connect App says it can’t find my hub.

I’ve tried factory reset on the hub, deleting reinstalling the app on my iPhone. I’ve restarted my iPhone, I’ve logged out and in, still no different. 
it says “fault is at our end “ contact support 

Anybody got any ideas?

18 REPLIES 18

RayW2
Dialled in

Update the connect app. worked for me  [iphone]...

--

RayW2

As I said, I’ve removed/reinstalled the app, nil fix 

C776FD63-35B3-4BBC-AB52-8B435DA40D59.png

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi the S444may,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community. 

Are you able to remove tha app and redownload?

Also is there another device that you can try this with?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi, 

I managed to get it to work after a factory reset on the hub and reinstalling the app. 
But then after I installed a WiFi hub, it wouldn’t recognise the hub again. It seems to lose its way when the pod is active. 

Hi s444may, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

In order for it to work you need to ensure you're loading the app when connected to your home WiFi. It won't connect if you're on mobile data, VPN or a different WiFi network. It this still doesn't work, do a hardware reset on your hub ensuring you hold the reset button for a full 45 seconds. 

If you're still having issues then we would need a little more information from you so we can feed this back into the project. 

From your screenshot it looks as though you are using an Apple device. Can you please go in to your Settings > select WiFi > click the little I in a circle next to the network you're connected to. Scroll down to IP Address, Subnet Mask and Router.

Once you've navigated your way to the information, can you please take a screenshot of these and send to me in a private message please? To do this just click on my name and once my profile loads there should be a send message option at the top right-hand side 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

sent as requested via PM 

Hi S444may, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this one. 

I can see that things are as they should be so you shouldn't be getting the unable to connect to the Hub error message. 

Can you try doing another pin hole reset on the hub but ensure you hold the reset button in for atleast 45 seconds please? Once you've done this, connect your Apple device to the WiFi again and then try and load the app for me. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Reset in progress, I’ll let you know what happens 👍