Menu
Highlighted
Fiona2476
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia Connect on my iPad can’t find Hub3

Hi, I’ve been trying to link to my Hub3 via Virginmedia Connect on my iPad. I’m continually told my hub isn’t connected to the internet - it is.

I’ve reset the hub, deleted and reinstalled the Connect App but still no joy. I’ve connected my iPhone successfully. Is there a limit to the number of devices the Connect App can be used on?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia Connect on my iPad can’t find Hub3

could try splitting the wifi on the hub -> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Connecting-WiFi-adaptor-for-air-con/td-p/362...

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Fiona2476
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for your help paultechy. Sadly it didn’t help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fiona2476, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry you've encountered this problem. If the app fails to detect your Hub, here’s some things to check. Make sure that:

- You’re connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi network when the app tries to link to it. The app won’t be able to detect your Hub if you’re on mobile data, connected to one of our WiFi hotspots or to a different WiFi network.

- You’re connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi directly and not through non-Virgin Media networking kit such as Boosters, Powerlines, or different WiFi Access Points.

- You’re not connected to your Hub 3’s WiFi guest network. If you have set up a guest network, make sure you are connected to your main network when the app tries to detect your Hub.

- Your Hub 3 isn’t in modem mode. Your Hub is set to router mode by default, but can be changed to modem mode to connect non-Virgin Media networking kit. However, the app won’t be able to detect your Hub in modem mode.

- You’re not using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). If you are using a VPN service, you may have to disconnect from VPN to allow the app to detect your Hub.

Hope this helps, please keep us posted.

Tom

0 Kudos
Fiona2476
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom_F,

Thank you for your reply.

I’ve checked through each of your suggestions in turn and removed the VPN. Still no joy. It’s strange I’ve been able to connect to the Hub3 via my iPhone but not my iPad.

As long as I can still have access to VM hotspots when out and about with my iPad I’m not too concerned. I can use my iPhone for other functions. I’ll be like a dog with a bone though and one of these days, I’ll get it to work the way it should.

Thanks again for your help,

Fiona

0 Kudos