Menu
Jaz10
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin3.0hub

I’ve just had my 3.0 hub replaced as the drop out as soon as you are 6 feet away from it is terrible, so much so that my son has resorted to using a cable for his PS4 rather than wireless which he has been using for his gaming for last 10 yrs , my internet seems to be going backward rather than moving forward, just tried a wi if range extender (netgear wn3000rp) which has not helped at all, tests been run on system and all apparently well.I have also found that my sky box and smart tv keep loosing internet connection.virgin hub only 10 feet away!

any suggestions on how I can improve this greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin3.0hub

There are a couple of tweaks you can try to improve the wifi on a Hub3 - in its settings - make sure "disable channel optimisation" is checked and rename the 2 network ssid's to differentiate them into clearly individual networks.

However, (IMO) you did exactly the right thing in trying to take the wifi delivery to your home away from the Hub 3.  Unfortunately, I think the device you selected is really just not good enough.  You need to spend a little more to get a good quality wifi router or access point.  This would be a good entry point example ( I have never used it though!).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Wireless-Gigabit-UK-C7/dp/B00CEB53MS/

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jaz10
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what to do, thought about jumping ship to BT, apparently their routers are a lot better
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Jaz10 wrote:
Not sure what to do, thought about jumping ship to BT, apparently their routers are a lot better

Your call - but I know what I would do.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jaz10
I’m really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you have been experiencing.
I've run a few checks on your connection and everything looks great. Are you still experiencing any issues? When you run a speed test can you do this over a wired connection please and let us know the result? For gaming we would always recommend a wired connection as there are many factors that can affect wireless. 
Speak soon 
Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jaz10
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Something  definitely  not right  smart tv just lost wi fi  connection, line cannot be ok , router just replaced and only 8 feet from tv

0 Kudos