cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin wifi hot spots - no longer eligible ??

Greenwich
On our wavelength

Any idea why this would be appearing even though we have 1gig broadband service ?

3D2592D8-E623-498F-97EA-450D1658DE77.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_JK

Hi there and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention,

Our support teams are currently investigating the matter and we'll be sure to update you as soon as we have more information.

Best,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

paul0363
Rising star

Same issue here. Stopped being eligible after I "upgraded" to Ultimate Volt from Ultimate Oomph.

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic

Virgin no longer provide boosters as they have been replaced by the WiFi Pods which create a WiFi Mesh network and are a lot better than having the boosters. If you are on 1gig or ultimate oomph bundle you can get up to 3 pods for free

Bobbl3s
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20211031-130449_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

 same here after upgrading my broadband package using volt as both a virgin media and o2 customer. Virgin media team on twitter confirmed that the upgrade shouldn't effect the hotspot service and didn't know why this has happened, told me they escalated but heard nothing since

@TiffanyGreen97 wrote:

Virgin no longer provide boosters as they have been replaced by the WiFi Pods which create a WiFi Mesh network and are a lot better than having the boosters. If you are on 1gig or ultimate oomph bundle you can get up to 3 pods for free

How is that relevant to the public wifi hotspots?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Greenwich wrote:

Any idea why this would be appearing even though we have 1gig broadband service ?

3D2592D8-E623-498F-97EA-450D1658DE77.jpeg

What happens if you completely sign out of the app and re-authenticate your details?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Signing out and back in makes no difference, nor does re-installing the app.

The message still states "Sorry, but your broadband service isn't eligible for Virgin Media WiFi"

Greenwich
On our wavelength

yes - tried signing out and in again ; deleted app and re-downloaded — same still doesn’t work  

MrPips
Tuning in

too have the same issue since the Volt upgrade….Searching the internet bought me here.

I was able to access the London Underground WiFi up until recently.

Tried password reset, downloading the Virgin Connect app and install the certificate and notification seems to work. Neither does uninstalling and reinstalling.

Im on an iPhone 5.0.2 for what it’s worth.

Michael_JK

Hi there and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention,

Our support teams are currently investigating the matter and we'll be sure to update you as soon as we have more information.

Best,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules