cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin upload 0.00

ThomasW1
Tuning in

I have had no Internet all day and all day yesterday. I called up he said "I've made some changes it should fix itself" it hasn't. My download speed is like 550 and my upload is 0.00 sometimes 0.01 if im lucky.... help

21 REPLIES 21

If its a bug with my router firmware why does it say there's a fault in my area and why is it taking expert's all week to fix it ? Don't mean to sound rude but that sounds pretty minor no? I tried modem mode it didn't work. Thanks 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Try modem mode again with just a PC connected power off hub for 2mins to allow a MAC then unplug replug ethernet cable till you get internet.

VM looked to of not tested the firmware and just released for us to find a bug I'm sure many people would love nothing better then to be a tester before releasing firmware but they likely release it anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------------

When I reboot my router it works for 2 minutes then drops to 0.00 again. I don't really understand much on what to do. What does allow MAC mean?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
so your in modem mode? the MAC is a hardware address like a IP which is a higher level of how the internet works VM is linked to this MAC so power off the hub in modem mode means a new MAC can be used like a PC.
---------------------------------------------------------------

They said its a platform fault outage? What does that mean? I'm getting so annoyed now I have work to do and I cant do it -_- all week to fix Is stupid

ThomasW1
Tuning in

Hello. 

So I really want more information on this issue. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the date change for my issue to be fixed. This is what "resolution team" said Platform Fault outage
A Platform Fault outage has been detected on Outage Communicator that is affecting this customer.
Outage type: Platform
Description: Status report || You might find that these services are intermittent at the moment: Virgin Fibre, Interactive TV, Catch Up TV, TV On Demand TiVo® or V6 home menu. We are sorry and working hard to resolve this for you.
Priority: P1
Remedy Number: F010505703
Status: Our engineer is on site and they're working to fix the problem
Date Open: 25 FEB 2023 16:15
Estimated end date: 03 MAR 2023 14:00

I dont know what it means. All I do know is a full week nearly with no Internet is embarrassing. Someone please give me an actual answer.

Thanks 

I've gone nearly a week without internet and no end in sight! Support has been terrible and now after 6 days of no internet, they suggest a technician... but the earliest they can come out is Tuesday next week. Absolute joke.

Only one more week of no internet and I can legally cancel my contract with no fees which I will be doing if it gets to that stage..

I kept track of all the updates for this outage just to reference the incompetence on display. Recently been pushed back by another day. God knows what the technicians are doing.

Tuesday 28th Feb - 10am
Wednesday 1st March - 10am
Wednesday1st March - 2pm
Wednesday1st March - 3pm
Thursday 2nd March - 2pm
Friday 3rd March - 2pm
Saturday 4th March - 2pm

Same as me mate. On top of all week having no Internet. When i do have Internet its less than half the speed I'm being told I should be getting. Absolute joke of a company. I will be leaving too. I've had enough.

When I initially contacted them they said it was a router issue and sent me a new router. Then once that didn't work they blamed the outage. Seems like they'll do anything to get you off the phone and if it is the outage like they say, not sure what a technician will be able to do for me.

I had internet yesterday for about 10-15 mins and that is all I've had all week. I've been working from home all week connected to my 4G hotspot, but then the estimated fix keeps getting pushed back so I've eaten into my data on my mobile plan.

Thanks for your posts @ThomasW1, and I'm sorry to hear of the frustrations this local area issue has caused you.

There doesn't currently appear to be an outage present in your local area at play.

Can you please confirm if the services are now working to the expected levels?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn