cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin technician never showed up

Dazi9
Joining in

Hi all, 

my internet had been playing up. So I requested a technician. The only available one was for a couple of days later. Granted the internet had started working again a day or so later. I received a text from virgin saying the technician was coming with the time and date. But no one showed up? 
Are they allowed to this without updating me as I have been waiting around for them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Dazi9, thank you for your post on our help forum and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the service issue you've had and the appointment missed, please refer to our missed appointments policy here for more details and info on this.
We are happy to help with your questions and concerns, may we ask if you've had any updates since you last posted here on Friday about this?

Also, did you receive the text message on the same date when the appointment with our technician would take place?
Apologies as we would expect a better level of service in this instance, since we normally advise our customers for any cancellation or rescheduling prior to the visit date.
Has the issue with your service restored or do you still require help from our technician?

Please, let us know more and we are eager to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Dazi9, thank you for your post on our help forum and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the service issue you've had and the appointment missed, please refer to our missed appointments policy here for more details and info on this.
We are happy to help with your questions and concerns, may we ask if you've had any updates since you last posted here on Friday about this?

Also, did you receive the text message on the same date when the appointment with our technician would take place?
Apologies as we would expect a better level of service in this instance, since we normally advise our customers for any cancellation or rescheduling prior to the visit date.
Has the issue with your service restored or do you still require help from our technician?

Please, let us know more and we are eager to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, Adri

I contacted virgin media and told them the situation and their response was that they cant compensate me due to the fact no one rang me after to confirm that a technician was coming. However I did receive a text confirming one was coming (I still have said text). So at no fault of my own, I'm being told I wont receive compensation. Even though I've had to plan my day around them.

What can I do?

Thanks

Hi Dazi9,

Thank you for confirming you received a text advising there was an appointment booked, so I can have a look and investigate further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.