Menu
RemiUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin superhub

Good evening all, let me thank you all in advance for whatever help you provide me.

I got virgin installed yesterday, the 350vivid, I want to use ethernnet cable to connect to my laptop/ps4 for a stronger connection... However, the man said the further away the hub is from the thing (unsure of name) it’s connected to outside the more likely it’ll be to have shortages? Does anybody know if that’s true because I don’t want to risk that if it’s the case but same time I don’t want to risk using wifi because I’m sure we all know how unreliable that can be at time. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin superhub

@RemiUK wrote:

Good evening all, let me thank you all in advance for whatever help you provide me.

I got virgin installed yesterday, the 350vivid, I want to use ethernnet cable to connect to my laptop/ps4 for a stronger connection... However, the man said the further away the hub is from the thing (unsure of name) it’s connected to outside the more likely it’ll be to have shortages? Does anybody know if that’s true because I don’t want to risk that if it’s the case but same time I don’t want to risk using wifi because I’m sure we all know how unreliable that can be at time. Thanks again.

If the (not Super)Hub3 has already been installed and connected to the outside wall box - presumably they put it where you wanted.  I assume you now want to run an ethernet cable(s) to your PC/ps4.  If thats correct then distance should not be an issue - just get good quality Cat5e (or better cable).  Another option you could consider if that's not convenient are powerline adapters.  My lad is an avid internet gamer and has a pair of Solwise (see link) to his pc in the bedroom upstairs.  They are not cheap but that's because they are good,  On vivid 200 he gets pings between 11-15ms and down/up speeds of >200/11mbps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solwise-PL-1200AV2-PIGGY-SmartLink-PowerLine-Passthrough/dp/B00PQL2SSK/ref=...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos