cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin router losses signal every midnight

Blaster2018
Tuning in

Hi guys

We are beyond frustration. Out router will lose connection (to wired and wireless) every midnight. It will eventually comes back it takes 5-10 minutes to get online. 

As a new renewal we are trying to get it sorted under 14 days of cool of period. So we can cancel the contract if virgin can’t resolve the issue

21 REPLIES 21

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its often down to VM doing work on the network at that time. It usually only lasts a couple of days before stopping. Record it as evidence on a BQM.

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also it’s been known that VM push updates out at midnight.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Its more than a week now non stop. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post the link to your BQM

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Blaster2018,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the router issues faced, I can't seem to locate any details on this, are you able to as advised post a BQM to this thread?
Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c0afe2e65bc31881572a61d35b8efbc69af133cc-31-03-2023

this supposed to be 362Mbps  service

thx

Hi Blaster2018,

Thanks for coming back and providing the link for the BQM.

We'd love to take a look in to things further for you but have been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. We will need to confirm some information with you in order for us to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Blaster2018,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

Taking a look at the hub this end, I can see all signal and power levels are within optimal range. There is no issue being detected and the area is clear too. At the time of posting your hub has been online with a connection for over 4 days. 

Can you please post the URL for your live BQM graph so we can see the dropouts live? 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Kath

2 Apr 2023

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ebf02233d76eb1efc054f39e4ae39743b542700b

3 apr 2023

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ebf02233d76eb1efc054f39e4ae39743b542700b

we have this problem from almost day one. its impossible to work now.

thx