cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin refusing to send 3 replacement pods

AnnoyedVM
Tuning in

Last week our 3 wifi pods stopped working. We’ve tried moving them, restarting hub etc. We have spoken to Virgin Media but they are refusing to replace all 3 pods at once, Apparently we will receive 1 and then will to have to call back in a few weeks to have another. And then again call in a few weeks to receive the last. 

Virgin acknowledge the pods are broken. Why are they refusing the send all 3 pods at once given they are broken?

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because that, my friend, would require a logical, common sensical, and flexible approach from VM customer services that deviated a little bit from script. 

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Stange all 3 at same time, are they totally dead (no LEDs) on powering on or just not connecting?

They aren’t connecting. Tried moving them to same room as hub 4 and leaving for 24 hours but still not connecting.

That’s where I went wrong. Expecting something a little more. I’ll do better next time haha

Has the Hub's WiFi configuration changed or been modified in some way ?

Nope, nothing has changed. Literally they just stopped connecting and we can’t work out why. Virgin said on the phone they were broken and couldn’t connect the pods to our account. Still couldn’t give us an explanation. 

All 3 Pods failed at once might wash after a lightning strike / act of god event !

More likely is the Hub has stopped communicating with the Pods.

If the Hub is taken through the press RESET for 60 seconds to trigger a factory reset does that have any effect ?

Perhaps that has already been tried.

Hi there @AnnoyedVM 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced issues with your service and thank you to all our community members for their advise so far.

Have you tried the steps as mentioned by Client62 at all? Has this helped? 

To confirm, have the teams already ordered one replacement Pod for you? 

Yes, that’s been tried as well. It’s really puzzling how they all just stopped communicating with the hub at the same time