cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media wifi problems

axpresbom
Joining in

We recently upgraded our wifi from our old upc horizon wifi to the new virgin media super hub 3.0. However we are experiencing frequent wifi drops and unstable Ethernet connections. If anyone knows how to fix this I would much appreciate it.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just to be clear are the ethernet cable connected devices losing network connectivity at the same time as the wifi ones do? And what is the Hub3's base power light doing - staying wjhite - flashing green - or something else?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you VM IE ?  This is the VM UK forum.  You need the VM IE helpline. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'm happy to try and help wherever you are. 

Can you post the hub's status data for Downstream, Upstream and Network log?  That might not show anything, but it's worth a go.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @axpresbom,

Welcome! Thanks for posting. 

I am sorry for any issues with your new broadband.

Please can you confirm if you are UK based or from Ireland? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide