cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media pod

Ryan678
Tuning in

Hello I've Noticed my speed dropping when doing speed test. so after speaking with a lady at virgin media she asked me about some pods. as some of my device wi-fi signal was low she asked me about  getting pods I said I tried to order one but no luck she said i can order you one and It arrived Friday morning but she said plug in in away you go.give it 24 hours to settle but I'm confused do I need to config it or is it simple just plug and play no videos on it and instructions from virgin are not very helpful if anyone can help I would be very grateful thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ryan678  Has the white light gone out or is it still flashing?

If it has gone out then the pod is working.  If not check that your Hub is set to use the same SSID for both wireless bands and that Smart WiFi/channel optimisation is set to on.

You can find lots of help with pods here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-intelligent-wifi-pods-faqs#Troubleshooting

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ryan678  Has the white light gone out or is it still flashing?

If it has gone out then the pod is working.  If not check that your Hub is set to use the same SSID for both wireless bands and that Smart WiFi/channel optimisation is set to on.

You can find lots of help with pods here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-intelligent-wifi-pods-faqs#Troubleshooting

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No lights are flashing I check that what I noticed it when I crossed the road outside my house I lost signal but connect to another virgin network that was locked so didn't know it if connected to the pod when I went out of range of my router.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Send the pod back it may be costing you £5 a month.

Look for a new router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Richw1982
Rising star

I wasn't sure what was funny either.  They are set up to your hubs MAC address so are pre-paired when sent to you.  Plug them in and they should work after about 15 mins.  The hub and Pod use Wi-Fi optimisation so can take 24hours to check for optimum channel etc

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Thank you for your advise it actually been over 24 hours now since they were set however had to unplug about half hour ago to plug the light in but thank you for your help.

Hi Ryan678,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your broadband speeds and are having trouble settings up the WiFI Pods which we sent out to you. Would you like to return the Pods to us so we can send some new ones out to you, or would you no longer like the continue with that service?

I'll be happy to help with the original issue being your download speeds- are your speeds affected on both your wired and wireless connections? What sort of speeds have you been receiving?

Let us know

Beth

Beth

Hello sorry for my late reply in regards to the pod ive noticed no difference what so ever with the signal strength and i cant justly paying the Extra £5 a month for it so i would like to know how i go about sending it back and not being charged for it also do i need to contact virgin media direct or is that something i can do online.  

Thank you for coming back to us. We can certainly look to help with this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into assisting. 

^Martin