Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media hub 3.0 ( 5 ghz )

leruA
Joining in

The Hub doesn't work on 5 GHz , i tried the next metods :

•   reboot the Hub 
  • Advanced settings - Wirless - Wirless signal - SmartWifi - marked the Disable Chanel Optimisation - Reboot the Hub . The 5 ghz still didn't worked
  • Advanced settings - Wirless - Wirless signal - i added on each channel a number . EX=  mynetworkname2 and mynetworkname5 ( the 2.4 and 5 ghz channels ) - reboot the Hub .The 5 ghz still didn't worked

I will attach a screenshot.

proof.pngproof 1.png

Any other advices ? thank you .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@leruA wrote:

I own a samsung galaxy A10 , the phone has  Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n wich means that has a frequency that operates in Dual Band mode. The protocol will support 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Nope it’s 2.4Ghz only per a reply on the Samsung community forum:

”All the Galaxy A5's support the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency, while the A10 only supports 2.4GHz.”

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first !

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it.

You will have to go in again to separate the wifi SSID's and switch off channel optimisation again

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Does the device you are trying to connect support the 5Ghz band?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

I did a pinhole reset , i disconnected any ethernet cables from the Hub (left the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" i pressed the pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" for at least 60 seconds, i released the pin, left it for 5’ to stabilise and i manually switch it off, after that i separated the wifi SSID's and switched off the channel optimisation again.

I own a samsung galaxy A10 , the phone has  Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n wich means that has a frequency that operates in Dual Band mode. The protocol will support 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

@leruA wrote:

Nope it’s 2.4Ghz only per a reply on the Samsung community forum:

”All the Galaxy A5's support the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency, while the A10 only supports 2.4GHz.”

Well then i wait to upgrade my phone and after that i will come back with a final response :))  , if my phone doesn't catch the 5 ghz channel then i presume that my Hub 3.0 is working .