Menu
Rambo2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media download speed.

Hi all

Quick question about my VM 120 mb brodband package.

I use my trusty cisco epc 3925 as a modem on witch i can get 115 mbps (wifi)standing next to it.

For some strange reason in my small apartment when in my bed i got no signal or download speed hoover around 20 mbps.

so i decided put  it in bridge mode  with tp link wr 841n and got more coverage out of it but the wifi speed is only aroud 35 mbps.

how do i match it to the speed from my cisco modem? standard settings on tp link( all auto)

thanks in advance

rambo

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media download speed.

Based on what you've just said, I'm assuming you're in the Republic of Ireland?

Virgin Media UK don't have any active kit other than their Hubs now.

If so, the forum you need to post in is here https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Rambo2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I undenstant there is a difference but i am looking  more of general information.

let say,it is super media hub 3.0 from Virgin and let say i am  based in uk my question is, is it normal to suffer from such a massive speed drop when using that specific set up or is it me doing something wrong with connection?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rambo2

I would love to take a look at this for you but I am having trouble locating your connection details.

Your last log in was from an IP address which doesn't relate to a Virgin Media account, and your sign-up email address is also non-Virgin Media. Consequently I am unable to identify your account. I will pop you a PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner) so we can investigate further.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos