cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media connect app update

rem001
On our wavelength

I've just noticed there is an update available for the connect app on Google Play.  It states that the update includes compatibility with Hub4.  However, it isn't stated whether the update now works on Android 11 and 12.  Does anyone know if the update is compatible with Android 11 and 12?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rem001

I have three android devices, all running android 11 which updated yesterday to version 12.20.15.   The WiFi Hotspot section works on all three.

Sorry, I can't confirm if it will work on android 12 but the update was planned to work on both builds.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rem001

Welcome back to the community. 

That's right,  connect app recently transitioned so that it works with the Virgin Media Hub 4. As of July 5th, this is when it was rolled out for iOS platform and from July 12th onwards - this is when it will work with Android devices. For both platforms it will take a total of 3 weeks for it to fully migrate so that it works on both operating systems. 

Please ensure on the app you have the latest firmware installed / updated and let us know if you have any issues on your android device from the 5th August 2022. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rem001

I have three android devices, all running android 11 which updated yesterday to version 12.20.15.   The WiFi Hotspot section works on all three.

Sorry, I can't confirm if it will work on android 12 but the update was planned to work on both builds.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Bazzer3279
Joining in

Why when I try to use hot spot I get profile not installed.

rem001
On our wavelength

I get the same

rem001
On our wavelength

It's now 6th August and I've tried accessing wifi hotspots with the app numerous times on my android phone over the last two days without sucess. If I click "Get set for WiFi hotspots" it returns the message "Sorry, something went wrong. There was no server response. Please try again in a few minutes" but every time I try it returns the same result. 

If I go for the other option "Find WiFi hotspots" it returns "Profile not installed. You won't connect to WiFi hotspots". Yet when I check the app settings all my account detais are there and under WiFi settings it states, "Your account is set up to use Virgin Media WiFi hotspots".  So why isn't it working? Any help to resolve this issue would be very much appreciated.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry to hear this rem001, 

Have you got a screenshot of this error? Are you able to check on a different device to see if it can connect?
Zoie

rem001
On our wavelength

Unfortunately I'm unable to check on another device.These are the screenshots of the messages returned when I attempt to find hotspots

Screenshot_20220809-154910_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-154628_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

• Screenshot_20220809-154645_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Hi there @rem001

Thank you for coming back to us. 

We're sorry to hear that this still isn't working for you on the new update. We are aware there's been an issue with hotspots on Android 12. 

We're working on getting this resolved as soon as we can. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thank you.