cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin internet Down again in ML1, ML4, G72

md009a3226
On our wavelength

Looks like virgin internet broadband and TV services replying on internet are down again for us in ML1

what is super annoying is that virgin make it nearly impossible to. Intact anyone to report this. Awesome customer service. Why can’t virgin be bought by Amazon!? Jeff  please help show virgin what customer service is!

status page doesn’t so anything useful at all and certainly doesn’t help. The tv status fault finder suggests watching on an app - no internet boys and girls!

cancelled phone. Will be phoning to cancel tv and internet tomorrow. 

13 REPLIES 13

I would be tempted to agree with you  >> "looks suspiciously like VM doing some network changes", however no notice, no detail, no status page updates, no history of "planned outages"... Don't you think this is basic customer 101 that VM are quietly scraping under the carpet... Lots of noise about status pages especially when they are all green, but nothing to show the massive outage that happened 10 mins before it was resolved... 

I tried to get hold of someone to cancel today but after 30m on the phone had to give up... tried the online chat - no joy.. just kept getting in a loop talking to a BOT... No way to cancel/modify services online .. so infuriating...  

Anyone got any idea of the process for cancellation - do you give them an end date, or do they just cancel the services the day you phone up?

Does anyone know if there is an alternative route for VM to deliver services rather the cable?  The coax thing seems to be the big killer - all S?N rations and water ingress and too many users, not enough users ... sort of leaves on line, not enough leaves on the line, stay at home, don't stay at home... blah blah blah... 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You want to cancel because VM occasionally do upgrades to improve the Network once or twice in the wee small hours midweek, with an otherwise good looking BQM (better than mine)?

Well ok then.....

If you are still with in a contract period you will be subject to early disconnection fees - see links below - if you are on a 30-day rolling one then its just 30-days notice. two way only to do it.

1. Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, from any phone - they are still picking up (in the UK too) - calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with short wait times.

2. In writing to
Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,
Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.

Include dates to cancel from (30 days notice), name address and all account details.

Do it by registered mail with proof of delivery and a receipt for signature on arrival.

Whatever you do DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been settled or it will cause you real hassle.

---------------------

Some information on cancelling & early disconnection fees are here...

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

Everything has a price/value point... I wanted to cancel because I was paying a very high price - (over double what new customers were paying) for a service that crashes down in the middle of a movie for what (you and I) are assuming was a planned but no-notice 'upgrade' - ( although neither of us actually knows what happened - and afaik there is no page showing planned/unplanned/previous outages is out there is it?).  Just a status page that doesn't always show issues and isn't always available.

I did get through to VM - I asked about getting a similar service to the new offerings - was offered the same package I was on ; old Tivo/M100/no-phone for £50-ish.  If I wanted the current standard offered box then over £80pcm and an additional installation charge.. Lets be clear new customers getting TV360/5GMob/TV/M100/landline+call package for £34... having a laugh vs £80 for less.  That's an initial contract saving of over £500 with a 5G mob and landline/package thrown in - another £500 at least - so for over £1000 more I could have a worse package that new customers over the initial contract period - and all with the possibility of intermittent service - really.

Long story short - Because Im a relatively forgiving and ( it's a lot of hassle to have someone drill another hole in the house for ADSL) - Have retained the M200 for £29 - everything else cancelled. VM would not give me a new box without me spending £1400 for the initial contract period... seriously!!?  Their loss.

All this could have been avoided by sending out an automated mail to affected customers indicating that emergency maintenance was about to take place and/or having a decent and honest status page... No-one likes the hassle of digging through stuff and when they do its a good chance to pull out the cobwebs... 

Im signing off here - I guess i will only be back if the BB dies again...  the good news in the meantime - and there should always be good news - Im almost £600 a year better off for the outages - amazing what a poke with a stick will do 🙂

Thanks for your post and updates, md009a3226,

Glad to hear things got sorted in the end. Don't forget we can also check if there is a fault in the area, test the line, replace your equipment or book visits for you all online from here   And we do have offers for existing customers here

Cheers,

Corey C