cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin hub

Amymurphy
Joining in

My dog has peed on my wifi  router and it won't come back on I've tried to dry it out but no joy how would I go about getting a replacement 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Not advising you do this - but after I spilt a beer into a laptop many years ago, I disconnected it and washed the base unit under the tap for 1/2 hour - then soaked it in a couple of 1 hour cycles with distilled/deionised water then left it a few days to dry in the airing cupboard - and all was well 🙂

You need to call it in as a fault and they will replace it for you - they will want to charge £25 but you may be able to sweet-talk out of that.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Amymurphy thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear that your Hub has broken - how unfortunate!

I can see that since your post you've been able to get the help you need with this, however if you do need any assistance in the meantime please don't hesitate to let us know!

Many thanks

Tom_W