cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin engineer/installer has cut through ethernet cable

Scottyboy99
Dialled in

Hello, aimed at moderators. Virgin install yesterday. Nice chap but he was a bit free and easy with the cutters. He has cut right through an Ethernet cable running through house wall to the outside and goes to the upstairs. He also cut my BT Line (I am leaving them but did not want this cut). I think it’s a virgin responsibility to repair the ethernet cable at the very, very least. Please can someone contact me on this

many thanks,

Wayne 

24 REPLIES 24

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scottyboy99,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear and see that you've had so many issues with your install and that some cables have been damaged!

I'll be more than happy to arrange for a technician to come out and take a look at the external omni box and at the damaged cables. 

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scottyboy99,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to get in touch with our team about this.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any more help or assistance, please reach out to us. We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The white cable is internal coax which been connected to the black exterior coax with a crimped F connector.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thank you. Yes that appeared to be how it was connected. Virgin sent a guy Friday and he repaired in exactly that way and all is back to normal now. Still have the cut bt line but I have cancelled their services so I guess it don’t matter. Would rather that didn’t happen too but hopefully I never will go back to them!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scottyboy99,

Thanks for providing the update on this, I'm glad to hear a Technician has been out to the property and has been able to get things sorted for you in relation to your home setup.

If you do require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please feel free to let us know - and as you've seen on this post, our community and team will be around to help out.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ