cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect

ACTION_JACKSON
Joining in

Hello , I can't seem to find my hub when searching through the app. I have done the usual resets also cleared all data from the app itself.  

Please could someone advise me on how to fix this problem 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

VM Connect App

For the VM Connect app to work the phone needs to be connected to a Router mode Hub via WiFi and VPNs must be disabled ( i.e. all forms of Apple’s Private Browsing tools / NordVPN et al must be off )

If you have reinstalled the VM Connect app and it still does not find the Hub the VM back end systems are often the issue, so try again in a few days.

Don’t reboot the Hub it is not the reason for the lack of connection.

Until the VM Connect app works manage the Hub at http://192.168.0.1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ACTION_JACKSON thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding the Connect App.

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home Wi-Fi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a different Wi-Fi network, Guest network on your own Wi-Fi, VPN, or mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that:

For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.

If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App.

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We're already investigating this as a high priority.
Pop back and keep us posted.

Thanks

Tom_W