cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect app

Maudlin
Joining in

Hello, I have previously used the virgin connect app to check users on my wifi. When I first moved onto virgin last year it was working fine. I haven’t changed any settings / passwords and when I recently redownloaded the app I am having problems connecting it to the wifi. I have tried restarting router, redownloading and entering wifi details manually and by photo. It however says my settings password is wrong. Can I please request some help regarding this as I would like this set up and working to monitor wifi useage. Thank you 

14 REPLIES 14

Maudlin
Joining in

I am also having the same issue with the connect app. Kind regards - andy

asim18
Fibre optic

Try going directly to your router settings at http://192.168.0.1 and enter your settings password, are you able to login there?

Hi thank you for getting back in touch. Yes I can log in through this way. It shows who’s on the wifi but you cannot disconnect people like you can on the app? 

jhuk
Trouble shooter

I know you say nothing changed but did you have a HUB3 and now a HUB4 (I have to ask)?

Thank you, I have a hub3 and this hasn’t changed. The only thing that has changed is the speed I receive. I now get the 200mbs rather than the 100mbs last year 

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Ok just some got free upgrade to the HUB 4 and it is not supported by the Connect App for now.

Right I understand, mine just seems to not connect out of the blue. It says the settings password is incorrect. I have done the manual enter it in and the scan through camera. 

@Maudlin wrote:

Hi thank you for getting back in touch. Yes I can log in through this way. It shows who’s on the wifi but you cannot disconnect people like you can on the app? 

Hmm if you can log into setting this way then your settings password is definitely correct. I don't see why the app is telling you your settings password is incorrect.

Is it possible you can test on someone else's phone in the house? If it works on iPhone and not Android then it'll prove that the android app itself is dodgy.

You can also try clearing the VM app's data in your phone's settings. Go to settings>apps and find the virgin media connect app, then select clear data.

Thank you for this. I currently use an iPhone I have deleted the app data and redownloaded again. Get the same message as before. I will try on my partners phone…