cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect app

Verity83
Joining in

Hi I’m a new virgin broadband customer the engineer advised me to download the connect app which I have. I cannot log in. I’m using my same details as my virgin media account and it’s coming up an error.

I thought maybe it was a password error but it will not allow me to reset the password due to a ‘technical’ error on the sites.

im certain my password is correct but it won’t allow my to log in to the connect app.

im using an iPhone 12 which is up to date as is the my virgin media app

thank you 

9 REPLIES 9

Verity83
Joining in

Just to add it says we didn’t recognise your username / password yet I’m using the same one as from my virgin media app? 

Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)

I can’t sign in to my virgin media on a web browser either 

Another update tried using my mobile data non virgin still getting the above error message and now this one

We haven't been able to find your details with the information you have provided

the information I provided was the account number and area reference virgin emailed me

please can somebody help me, this shouldn’t be so hard! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What are you wanting to do with the connect App? There is little that cant be done by other means after logging into the Hub settings.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi john

thanks for the response. I don’t know,  the engineer said to download it. You can check for black spots in the WiFi, virgin hot spots etc when out? 
what do you mean by logging into the hub settings? 
sorry this is all new to me.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you are having no issues - just forget about the App - its known to be "buggy".

You log into the Hub settings to do many things... the first you could do is go in and change the password from that printed on the Hub base sticker to your own strong personal one.

If you want to play - do this...

Type in  http://192.168.0.1  into your web browser’s url box and login with SETTINGS password on the Hub's base sticker (not the wifi password!). Then I "think" (I dont have a Hub3!) you go to advanced>wireless>security to change the password - then save/apply changes and restart the Hub. All your wifi devices will need to reconnect with the new saved wifi password.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Verity83,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry the connect app is not working for you.

I can see you have been given advice on how to get around this, do you still require further help?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

dchizzy1
Settling in

Hi 

im also getting the same issue can my email please be removed so i can reset my account im a returning customer so i belive this is the issue.

many thanks

Hi @dchizzy1 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the connect app. So we can understand the issue further, could you please describe the specific issue impacting you?

Regards

Lee_R