cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect app won’t work

emmalouise019
Joining in

I’m new to virgin & have downloaded the virgin connect app. My issue is that it won’t connect to the internet, I’ve connected the hub but it keeps saying “please connect to your hub. It looks like your connected to your home network via an unrecognised access point. Please connect to a hub to to scan your home” I’m connected on my iPhone 12 Pro Max so can’t understand why it isn’t working, what am I doing wrong?

11 REPLIES 11

lotharmat
Community elder
What hub have you got?

The app only works with the hub 3!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

it’s the hub 3 that I have, I’ve managed to connect to the hub but it just won’t go any further than that 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What are you wanting/expecting the connect App to do that you cant do by other means?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @emmalouise019

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the connect app. 

As a few days have passed since your original post I was wondering how things are looking? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I’m still not able to connect to the hub, tried on multiple devices and I either get told I’m trying to connect via an unrecognised device or that it just can’t connect to the hub 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @emmalouise019,

I am sorry to see this!

Can you try using the connect app on a different device? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I tried it on my iPad too & that wouldn’t even connect to the hub, it just kept telling me it was resetting the hub & that’s it 

Thanks for replying emmalouise019

So I can take a look at this in more detail

I would need to pass security

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

We’ve had our Hub 3 replaced because of the Wi-Fi constantly dropping out. The connect app now won’t show devices etc under the Broadband tab. It tells me to touch on the exclamation mark at which point the hub reboots but nothing ever changes.

Any ideas?