cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin connect app won’t connect

Abi1
Joining in

Hi

On Monday I upgraded to a Hub 4 but ever since I can’t get the connect app to work. I have turned off my phone data. Closed the app and re started it all week! But still nothing! I have phoned up Virgin customer service all week too and still not getting anywhere! Please help does anyone know what is wrong? Many thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Abi1

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you've not been able to connect to the connect app since you upgraded the router. 

Can you try clearing the cache on the app to see if this resolves the issue? You can clear app cache in your settings on your device itself. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

CA12E934-F521-476E-BCA2-8164D30EA652.png

 still won’t work! I have cleared the cache. Uninstalled, tried everything. Any other ideas? Thank you 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Abi1,

Thanks for trying the previous potential fixes - I'm sorry things still aren't working. To clarify, have you attempted to use another device to see if you are able to connect?

Please also be aware, the Connect App won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile Data. If this still doesn't help, please try these steps:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

In a small number of instances, we are aware of a problem that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub. Our teams are aware of this, and are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for your help but I have tried all of these things and still nothing works. My son tried the app on his iPhone 13 and it won’t work on that either. Honestly don’t know what else to do 

Hi Abi1 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your Hub 4 connecting to the connect app. 
Would you please be able to let us know if you have tried a pinhole reset on the hub to clear any issues? Please be aware this will return the hub to factory settings and it will reboot. You complete this by inserting a pin into the hole marked 'reset' on the back of the hub for 60 seconds. Please complete this and then re-start your connect app after clearing the cookies/cache data. 

Let us know if the issue is still ongoing after the pinhole reset and we will do our best to offer further support if needed. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly

Finally got the app to turn on but won’t do what I wanted it for in the first place to prove that the connection speed is still awful. My son can’t play his Xbox as it’s on 300 ping!! I honestly give up with virgin 

735D6B9D-3843-40EC-B944-0537B96141E1.png

Hi Abi1

Thanks for coming back to us. We're pleased to hear that you managed to get the Connect App to turn on, however it's disappointing to hear that is not functioning to how you would like.

As you posted a short while ago, how have things been? Have you seen any improvement with your connection?

Kind regards Jodi. 

I moved the pods around and even my son noticed a difference upstairs so you can see they are working but I still can’t run tests on the app

4E93899D-F548-4F59-B6BC-9821BFEA6A57.png

D33BE3C9-5C68-4BA8-A6C9-721C9B33927B.png

Hi Abi1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and sticking with the Community. 

We currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are investigating this as a high priority. 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs