cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin broadband down again!

wayneo214
On our wavelength

Virgin are an absolute joke.

If it is not faulty hardware, terrible customer service then it is "Technicians are in your area working"

I have lost nearly 2 weeks service in the last month - all I got was £8.50 refund - I am actually paying them for their service not working (not to mention the cost of an LTE modem and a sim card to ensure I don't lose internet access when inevitably the service fails).

You would think they would do the decent thing and let you leave without penalty. But no, they want circa £250 cancellation fee (you can only cancel without penalty if 30 days CONTINOUS service is lost).

Clearly the don't understand (or more likely don't care) the importance of having reliable internet access when people are working from home.

Utterly appalling.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
This wont help i'm afraid but as you are on their residential package - there is no service level agreement for connectivity. You have to be on a Virgin Business package to get that agreement.

All you can do is keep checking

The most up to date info on the issues will be on the the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info

You could also do this to record your issues as "evidence" if needed

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Broadband is now up and their "network maintenance" has reduced my download speed by 200Mbps.

Truly an outstanding piece of work! I wouldn't expect anything else from virgin.

Roll-on next August.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi wayneo214,

Thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your broadband service due to an outage in your area. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see that there is not an active outage at the moment and your service appears to be running within specification. 

With this being the case, can you please let us know how the service has been since your last post and if you have seen any improvements? 

Thanks, 

Nat