cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Wifi pod - possibly not working/no difference

quektis
Tuning in

I have a Virgin Wifi pod and it is either not working or hasn't made any difference whatsoever to my connection strength.

When I plug it in, it goes solid blue, then it flashes orange once and the light goes off completely. Then after 10/20 seconds a green light pulsates for a bit before turning off completely again.

Is that supposed to happen?

If so, how do I know if it is working?

I've moved the pod to the room directly above the room where to Virgin router/hub lives. Even when I bring my laptop in and use it right next to the pod, the connection on my laptop is poor.

What can I do to fix this? Does the pod automatically work in both 2.4ghz and 5ghz modes?

3 REPLIES 3

quektis
Tuning in

Quick update on this, it looks like the pod may well only be working for 2.4Ghz connections. How can I get it to work for 5Ghz too? 2.4Ghz is no good for me

Another update. I think I have solved the issue by making sure both the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz Wifi connections have the same name

Hi @quektis thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the Wifi Pod.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you, but it's grear to hear that since your post you have managed to get things resolved.

Yes - the Hub must have the 2.4ghz and 5ghz modes synchronised in order for them to work.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again however, if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W